Permit and License Application Guide
Welcome to the City of Orono’s
Online Application Service
The City of Orono has partnered with citizenserve to provide you with a portal to file permit, land use, license applications, and complaints. You can access your account and these services anywhere, including home, office, and internet connected device. You are welcome to stop by City Hall and use our computer kiosk as well. You will need to create an account to access the portal.
We value your input! If you have any comments or suggestions to make this system easier, please email us at planning or contact us by phone at 952-249-4600.
Create an Account
To use citizenserve, you will first need to create a free user account. On the login page, click New Users. It will ask for Registration Type. Select the type that best describes your purpose for registering. Items noted with a vertical red line are required to create an account.
You can apply, upload your plans and other required information, as well as check the status of your permit and pay, You can also file a private property complaint here too.
A city permit is required for projects which include constructing, building, demolishing, altering, moving, or adding onto any building or structure, or projects including grading, or adding impervious surface.
Other non-construction city permits may include work within the right-of-way, special events, and brush fires.
Learn more about the permitting process, including:
- What permit type should I apply for?
- What information do I need to make an application?
Enter the portal now You can apply online, view permit review status, pay permit fees, receive your permit and supporting information, and schedule inspections all from your home, office or mobile device.
LAND USE APPLICATIONS
Skip Ahead to Submit a Variance, Conditional Use Permit, Interim Use Permit, Subdivision, Site Plan, or other Land Use Application.
From the portal, you can learn when you need City Council approval for certain development applications and identify submittal requirements; you can apply online, submit additional information, and pay fees all from your home, office or mobile device. Learn more about the Land Use Application process, including:
- Do I need a land use application approval? Does your project require special approvals, such as:
- A Variance or Conditional Use Permit?
- Site Plan Review?
- Interim Use Permit?
- Zone Change or Text Amendment?
- What do I need to apply?
Enter the portal now You can apply online, supplement your application, and pay fees all from your home, office or mobile device.
Learn more about the licensing process. Through the portal you may apply for a license, check the status of your license application, and make payments for your license, all from your home, office or mobile device.
- Do I need a license?
- What do I need to apply?
Enter the portal now You can apply online, view license review status, pay fees, and receive your license all from your home, office or mobile device.
- Adjacent Property Owners
- Amendment Application Instructions
- Appeal Application Instructions
- Application Deadlines
- Certified Property Owners List Label Instructions
- Concept Plan Application Instructions
- Conditional Use Permit Application Instructions
- Land Use Submittal Requirements
- Practical Difficulty Worksheet
- Site Plan Application Instructions
- Subdivision Application Instructions
- Subdivision Exception Application Instructions
- Vacation Application Instructions
- Variance Application Instructions
- Variance Approval Extension Instructions